What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Finally! picture of my finished kitchen remodel



Finally! After a bit of prodding from my friend, Patti, I have remembered to download and share photos of the finished product...our beautiful new kitchen!
Please don't think that the lack of photos meant that we were left at the mercy of a home contractor who started work and left us hanging...nothing could be farther from the truth. We were so very pleased to work with Fulford Home Remodeling in Fairview Heights, IL, a wonderful and reputable contractor who delivered the finished product as promised (actually better!) and right on time!
Our kitchen "demolition" began on March 31st and they finished just as projected on May 8th...I was very thankful for this as we had boatloads of company arriving to celebrate my youngest son's high school graduation on May 16th. We had a whole week to get things put back into place (or shoved in the garage!) to be ready for company.


The above picture is the view of our finished kitchen taken from the family room looking into the kitchen. The island is HUGE and I am going to have to work hard to keep it from becoming the family dumping ground but it sure is pretty!





This second photo is a "close up" of the detail work on the tile and backsplash, I was particuarly pleased with the way this part of the project turned out. It looks GREAT on the picture and even better in person.
My husband worked with the contractor on coming up with the design pattern and the tile "artist" put on a few more finishing touches around the kitchen window which really added to the project. It goes all the way up and meets the "bridge" between the two cabinets. Now if only I could keep the countertops looking this clean and uncluttered!


So, that's the final answer on our kitchen remodeling....hope you have enjoyed seeing the pictures as we went from "before" to "demolition" to "after" and if you are in the neighborhood, give me a call and stop in for a cup of tea. We can sit at the island and talk about stamping...if my husband and I ever agree on a style of barstools that we both like! ;-)

1 comment:

java diva said...

Wow!! It's beautiful, Jan! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing!

Hit Counter