What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, February 2, 2009

One of these birds is not like the other?


Finally!!! I got my watermark added AND despite a few initial technical difficulties such as making the watermark larger than the photo, I think I am getting the hang of it! So, without further adieu, here are photos!
This is one of the projects from my February stamp club meeting (those of you in the Tuesday group, don't peek!) using the new stamp set "Good Friend" which was given to us at the SU Leadership conference last month. I only tell you this because some of you know that I am not a "bird person" (guess I watched that Alfred Hitchcock movie at an early age and that was it for me and birds!) but despite that, this particular set is growing on me.
This month's technique was "kissing" which I thought was an appropriate option for Valentine's Day month, yes? To "kiss" with stamping is very simple but it gives a nice effect. I inked up the bold stamp (the birdie body) with a light color of ink (Baja Blue) then inked up a patterned image with a pattern in a darker color of ink (Pacific Point) and then stamped one image onto the other. Got it? Well, ok...if you look closely, you can see that although the above card is VERY similar, the one on the left is slightly different than the one on the right Can you tell the difference?

The one on the left has the pattern from the Sanded background "kissed" onto the bird's body. For this one, I actually stamped the bird's body onto the Sanded background stamp (since the background stamp is so big) then stamped the bird on the cardstock. For the other one (on the right), I used one of the small flower like images from the Good Friend set and then repeatedly inked and stamped it onto the bird before stamping the bird image onto the cardstock. It gave a little bit different pattern and I couldn't decide which one I liked best....so I figured I would post them both.

The other fun thing about this card is that after stamping the images on the Whisper White layer I ran it thru my Big Shot using the "Swiss Dot" Texturz plate to give it a little interest. If you look closely at the photo, (click on the photo to enlarge it) you can see the pattern but on the white cardstock, it is easier to see in person. After that a little bit of sponging and layering and some of that great Pacific Point striped grosgrain ribbon and the card is good to go!







2 comments:

Kirsten said...

The birds are so cute. I love the one with the kissed flowers.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Neat set. I wish I had attended leadership...such a headstart on the new stuff! I'm not a bird person, either, but I do like this bird and your card!

Hit Counter