What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quickie card class coming up later this week...

I am delighted to share that beginning this month, I will be partnering with my local library in O'Fallon, IL to hold "quick card" stamping classes....yes, that's right. 3 quick and easy projects for a $5 supply fee which includes envelopes. All taking place in the roomy conference room at the O'Fallon Public Library. I was inspired to branch out in this direction by something a speaker shared at the annual Stampin' UP! convention earlier this month and I figured, Hey,stamping and meeting new people...what's not to like? SO...my first quickie class will be this Thursday, Aug 27th at the O'Fallon Library, starting at 12 noon and you are most cordially invited to join us. Just send me a reply or call the library to register and pay at the door. If you can't make it this month, I will be doing the classes each month thru the end of this year. And longer if the library will invite me to continue.


In the process of exploring this partnership, I made an appointment to meet with our library's director. Her name seemed familiar but that was because I used to work with a Navy nurse buddy of the same name....20 years ago on the East Coast. So, I didn't give it another thought other than maybe I should ask if she ever had any relatives in the Navy...lol! Imagine my surprise when I walked in for our appointment and realized that the Library Director WAS my Nurse Corps buddy! Yes, amazing...except she didn't look like she had aged a day and I...well, nevermind! After we finished catching up, she agreed to let me do a stamping partnership with the library and the rest is history. What a treat to run into a friend from a "previous life" because to be truthful, my Navy days are so far behind me that sometimes it seems like another person altogether. But indeed it was her. After we finished a tour on the hospital ship, the USNS Comfort, we both returned home where I transferred from Maryland back to San Diego, CA and she apparently got out of the Navy and out of nursing and returned to school to get a degree in Library Science. She has been living here in O'Fallon for about two years and I never had a clue. Wow, talk about a coincidence!


No comments:

Hit Counter