What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Friday, October 22, 2010

Delightful Decorations....another Christmas card from my Headstart on the Holidays class

This card was so easy....such a tiny bit of stamping that it almost seems wrong to call it "handstamped" but with just enough ink to qualify.   In this case, a punch helped "perk" this card up a bit.  This card combines Cherry Cobbler cardstock and ink with a layer of Whisper White cardstock run through the polka dot embossing folder to make a quick and easy card.  The greeting is stamped wtih Grateful Greetings (a very useful set!) and the ornament was stamped first with Delightful Decorations then punched out with the ornament stamp set. Incidentally, this punch is being featured in one of the 20% off Holiday Bundles in the current Stampin' Up! special...and no, I didn't plan that!  At any rate, if you need a quick and easy card, this is it!  The ornament has an "Ice" flavored (colored?) rhinestone brad in the center and is popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional.  The hardest part of the whole card was tying a little snippet of  white taffetta ribbon around the neck of the oranment.  Yes, seriously!  So that's it.  This card was inspired by a card made by Claudia Perry.  I don't have a link to her blog because I saw her card posted on a demo only website .  I changed it up somewhat but I still think I was inspired by Claudia's card so I wanted to give credit where it  was due. 

No comments:

Hit Counter