What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rejoicing in Christmas--last card from my Headstart on the Holidays class

Finally, this is the last card to share from my Headstart on the Holidays class.  This card was inspired by a beautiful card made by fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator Jen Timko, I have changed a few of the small details but overall I love the simplicity of this card and the way that puts the focus on Mary, Joseph and the Baby Jesus instead of on techniques and embellishments.  Simple and plain, just like the manger...hope you enjoy the card and thank you, Jen Timko for the inspiration!                               Rejoicing in Christmas is available in the Holiday Mini, I stamped the image of the Holy Family on Confetti white cardstock using  Basic Brown ink then watercolored in their clothing with muted shades of Crumb Cake and Not Quite Navy then went over the coloring with a diluted amount of Frost White shimmer paint using a wet AquaPen to give it a faint shimmer.  The star was stamped in More Mustard.  I layered the confetti white onto a slightly larger layer of Crumb Cake then mounted it all on a folded halfsheet of Not Quite Navy cardstock.  I can hardly stand to leave a card without at least a little bit of embellishment so I tied a strand of natural twine around the spine of the card and voila, consider it done! 

I hope you have enjoyed seeing the cards that I featured in my 2010 Headstart on the Holidays class....I am planning to offer the class again in November if there is enough interest so if you are local to the O'Fallon, IL area and would like to attend just send me an email or leave me a comment to let me know! 

No comments:

Hit Counter