What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy Heart Single stamp from Stampin' Up!

Does it get any easier than this?  Quick, simple, cute AND it uses a leftover scrap of Real Red Designer Series paper (from the Bold Brights Patterned Paper pack) which almost looks like ribbon, how about that!  This is one of the cards we'll make at my upcoming Valentine class on February 1st.  If you are in the O'Fallon, IL area and would like to join us, it's not too late to attend and make the projects, just contact me via e-mail  (inkerzaway@aol.com) and let me know you want to come.  The class is $10 for 4 cute but easy projects.

This card used "Happy Heart" from a short term promotion of Valentine stamps offered recently by Stampin' Up!  The image is stamped in Real Red ink, punched out with the Full Heart punch then layered on the Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit which explains that cute scalloped black layer behind the heart image.  The top layer of card stock is white and the bottom layer is Real Red.   In the bottom right corner is a little image from My Little Valentine (it's XOXO in brackets) which was one of the other short term Valentine promotional stamps. 

I love stamping, but am not terribly creative so I tend to "CASE" (crafter talk for copy & slightly edit) a lot of cards so I was very happy when this particular card came together quickly and easily.  Even though it is so simple that anyone could have come up with such a layout, I actually designed this one all by my lonesone.  No applause, folks.... just throw money.  ;-)  ok, just kidding about that but sometimes it's the small victories that mean the most so I am happy to have some original projects for this easy class.

There is one more project which has yet to be unveiled....I hope you will come back next time to have a peek at that card!  In the meantime, happy stamping!

No comments:

Hit Counter