What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Flirty Flamingo Card


This was a little "sneak peek" treat for my long distance stamp club members for our Club Project in May.....I was able to preorder this set because I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so I made a couple of cards and fell in love with it right away so I knew that was the set to use for the sneak peek for my awesome club ladies!

Not only does it use a NEW stamp set (Flirty Flamingo) but it also used the NEW 2016-17 In Colors and some of the beautiful new ruched ribbon in Flirty Flamingo color....very cute card and easy, too!  My favorite combination!

This was a pretty easy card so you probably don't need much info to figure it out but I used the Confetti embossing folder ...stamped the thank you banner in Emerald Envy (one of the new colors) BEFORE embossing the white cardstock (otherwise you don't get a good image for the banner) so I just eyeballed it to make sure it would be near the bottom of the card and stamped it.  Then I ran it thru the Confetti embossing folder and finally stamped the pink birdie on the smooth inisde portion of the oval left by the confetti folder.  Stamped it in Flirty Flamingo, and adhered the white cardstock to a slightly larger black cardstock (nothing makes pink "pop" like layering it on black!) then attached the whole thing to folded Flirty Flamingo (pink) cardstock.   Of course I had to tie some of the beautiful new ruched ribbon in Flirty Flamingo  around the spine of the card and then voila, the card was complete!
 
 
Here's the inside of the card....I stamped the leaf in the top left corner with Emerald Envy then used the In Color markers (Emerald Envy and Peek-a-Boo Peach) to color the pineapple.  Since this was stamped as a thank you card, I left plenty of space on the inside to write a little greeting.

Hope you have enjoyed this little card sample....it's no longer a "sneak peek" since the catalogue has gone live so maybe you have this set already?  If so I know you'll enjoy the stamp set...it's so cute!

Here is the supply list of the items I used for this card, I realized after saving the file that I neglected to include the Confettie Embossing Folder which  is still available from Stampin' Up! and the item number for that folder is 140592 if you are interested in ordering it. 



No comments:

Hit Counter