What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Moroccan Nights OSW in Bermuda Bay

Ok, I admit that when I first saw this stamp set I was completely "underwhelmed" and wasn't sure what I would do with it.   This was at OnStageLive in Salt Lake City last April when the set was featured in a live presentation by Shelli G(Stampin' Up! co-founder) and her daughter, Sarah D. who was recently named as CEO of Stampin' Up!  Talk about pulling out the big guns to feature a stamp set, right?  Even after seeing beautiful samples created by Sarah and Shelli in their "dueling stampers" skit I wasn't sure about it BUT this set was an "All Attendee Giveaway" so I was able to bring it home with me and I was quickly won over when I saw a sweet and simple card shared by Dawn of DOStamping  (Click on the highlight over Dawn's name to see her sample)....after that, I got the set inky and created about a stack of cards just like the photo above  in less than 30 minutes via assembly line style stamping.  AND they are done in beautiful Bermuda Bay with a thin accent layer of black to make it "pop".  What's not to like about that, right?
This "style" is a super easy version of the One Sheet Wonder Technique (OSW) which basically means you stamp images all over a full sheet of neutral cardstock then cut that sheet into card sized pieces creating "card fronts" to layer on coordinating cardstock. So basically, stamp one sheet and make 4 or more cards from each stamped piece. It's a quick and cute way to stamp a stack of cards pretty fast! I first learned this technique from Karen Gregorian way back in the late 1990's when I was a new demonstrator and it was good to be reminded that stamping doesn't have to complicated to be fun.
So, thank you Dawn O. for the inspiration....I will be using this stamp set as one of the cards at an upcoming Quick and Cute Class so if you are in The Villages, FL area and want to come and see how easy this is to make, contact me asap so I can sign you up for class or schedule a time for you and your friends to get together and make this fun little card.

Here's the scoop on what you need to create this card!   If you see something you love, you can just click on the link and you'll be taken to my webstore where you can make a purchase.  How handy is that?  But, before you start trying to order Sassy Salutations, I will confess that I grabbed that set and used it before the catalogue changed over on June 1st so it's no longer available to order however there are many sets of wonderful sentiments available in the new catty...some are tried and true, some are brand new but definitely lots of options! 

No comments:

Hit Counter