What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, April 7, 2008

more pics of "D Day"

This is what my kitchen looked like by the end of "D Day" and it is not a pretty sight! The cabinets? gone! The hardwood floor? gone! All the stuff (and WHERE did we get all of that stuff???) has been schlepped from the kitchen to the dining room, computer room and one of the bedrooms and the work has begun in earnest. We loved the wood floor but it was installed after the cabinets and since we were removing the wet bar (other side of room) there was no hardwood floor in many places so it was either patch and refinish it or replace it. We have 3 dogs with killer doggie toenails so we went for the replace it option and will be putting in DuraCeramic tile (very sturdy stuff but not cold on your tootsies on a chilly morning!) but that won't show up until late next week. The new cabinets will follow the flooring and after that it's time to measure the cabinets for a template for the new countertops and then we wait and we wait and we wait. At least that is what I have been told to expect. But I am so happy with the folks at Fulford Home Remodeling who are handling doing our kitchen project, they are doing a great job, everyone is terrific AND they are wonderful about keeping us informed on what to expect.

In the meantime, they have been doing lots work with electrical, plumbing, drywall and the plasterers will be working in the kitchen tomorrow. We have plenty of dust and clutter but no place to cook., unless you count the makeshift "kitchen" set up on the dining room table....small microwave, toaster oven and hot pot, plus we still have the fridge. I have a picture of the dining room but there is so much stuff in there you really can't even find the microwave.

So, with all this going on, you'd think I would have plenty of time to stamp since I am certainly not wasting much time on cooking! I have stamped a bit but it's a little hard to work around all of this clutter. We have been doing microwave meals and carry out mostly. The first week they were working on the kitchen my 17 year old son asked me, "where are we going for dinner tonight, Mom?" and he was so disappointed to find out that we were having Sam's Club frozen entrees ala microwave. I had to laugh when he said, "we're not eating out? I thought that was the whole point of remodeling." ;-) I don't think he really meant it that way but it did come out sounding pretty funny.

1 comment:

java diva said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the photos! I was happy you explained why you're getting rid of hardwood. I wish our house's original owners had known of "duraceramic!" Ours is the real deal and BRRRRR!
So funny you mention Sam's entrees...my mom's group just had a breakfast one and it was GOOD! Look for one with sausage/eggs/potatoes/cheese. As RR would say, "Yummo!" ;)

Hit Counter