What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sizzix cards, anyone?


As promised, I am back with another card sample...this is one that I made in late July just prior to the SU convention in Salt Lake City for an "organized " swap featuring cards made with Sizzix dies with some friends from Stamper's Anonymous (an online forum and gallery featuring Stampin' UP! stamps and samples). It was a GREAT swap and I got some really fantastic samples which I have really enjoyed sharing with my local stamping friends.
As for my card, it was relatively simple but took a little longer than I had expected. I really like the idea of of using the die on the front and showing decorative paper through the "window"...I was inspired to do this after seeing a great card done by my friend Stacy aka "MiserMom" on SCS but I dressed it up a bit, used new colors and some new stamps and punches. The Sizzix die I used is called Tulipe...a sort of fleur de lis pattern. (spelling?) It's too big to completely fit on a standard cardfront but it looks nice set off the the side a bit and the ribbon along the edge gives it a finished look. I used the Crushed Curry ribbon and Designer Series Paper (from the new In Colors collection...how awesome is that polka dot ribbon???) for the contrasting color and my old stand by Night of Navy for the diecut card. The sentiment (get well wishes) is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (a new greeting set that has literally something for every occasion) and fits nicely in the Modern Label punch which is the best thing ever! I am a punch-a-holic so stamps which coordinate with punches are one of my favorite things. For the base of the card, I used Whisper White to help set off the colors and because the Night of Navy layer needed some support since the Tulipe diecut removed part of the edge so it was a wee bit floppy.
Hope you enjoyed seeing one of my swap cards....posting it has brought back some great convention memories! Jan

No comments:

Hit Counter