What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Skittles, anyone?


Ok, so you can't see the Skittles but trust me, they are in there! Along with a "treat size" packet of Starburst. If you think the way I think then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out that these are little "trick or treat" bags! And it is getting to be that time of year, isn't it?
This little "treat bag" was made with the Sizzix Big Shot using the "Fancy Favors" box and decorated using the Sweet Centers stamp set from the Holiday Mini catalogue. Ordinarily I would use this stamp set with the "Sweet Treats" cups to make a little candy "shaker card" but in this case I wanted to decorate the treat box without punching any holes in it. Kind of cute and definitely very easy! For this particular box, I used the Pumpkin Pie double striped ribbon but I did some other ones with 5/8th inch Old Olive grosgrain and they were cute, too. In fact, they almost looked like a "real" pumpkin stem with the green ribbon.
I made a big box of these (about 50, I think...to me that seemed like a lot!) for a craft fair that I did earlier this month and had some leftovers so I have been sending them out to my kids, included some in the "college kids' care packages" we sent out from church and I have also been using them for presenting a little hostess gift to each of my October home party hostesses. I'm pretty sure my kids will just roll their eyes and mumble about their crazy old Mom but hopefully my hostesses will like and appreciate them a little bit more even though their goodie boxes contain stamps instead of candy. Jan

No comments:

Hit Counter