What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Friday, March 12, 2010

hmmmm, what's missing here???


At first glance this looks like your normal chocolate bunny...but upon closer inspection there is something missing here. Unless you live at my house in which case this is how bunnies look very quickly after their arrival....not quite headless but definitely missing their ears! I "nibbled" these bunny ears off with the scallop circle punch so it sort of looks like tooth marks...perhaps I have a bizzare sense of humor but I thought it was kind of funny.
This cute little fellow is one of the "Under $10" single stamps available in the current Occasions Mini, not surprisingly the name of this set is "Chocolate Bunny" and the minute I saw him, I knew that I had to have him. He looks good enough to take a nibble but thankfully he is very low calorie. ;-)
He was embossed with chocolate chip craft ink and clear embossing powder on chocolate chip cardstock...does that make him "double chocolate"? Cutting things out with scissors is not my usual style but it seemed like the way to go with Mr. Bunny, hope you like it too.
In addition, I made the scalloped "mat" using the Scalloped Edge border punch (a freebie during SAB with purchase of $50 in product) and the Scalloped Corner punch (also from the Occasions mini); a little challenging at first but there are some great video tutorials out there in the blogosphere and those helped me a lot. ( My favorite video was done by Linda Heller of
stampingschool" fame on her blog Where the Rubber Meets the Road.) A bit of chocolate chip decorative paper and some pink taffetta ribbon and he was good to go!
Mr. Chocolate Bunny was the star of my swaps for the Stampin' UP! Leadership conference back in January....I made a stack of him for a "new stamp set" swap hosted by one of my Splitcoaststamper friends and traded him for some other cool new cards made with new sets from the Occasions Mini. Never thought I would be tired of chocolate but after making a big pile of bunny stamps, I did have to take a little break.
Changing the subject a bit, I had session 1 of my "Sale-a-Brate" Spring card class today. In keeping iwth the theme, I used all of the current SAB stamps and threw in a few of the Occasions Mini stamps for good measure. I hope the ladies who came and stamped with me today enjoyed the class as much as I did. As I promised in my last post, I will share pictures later after everyone has finished the class.
Believe it or not, I already have my April class scheduled along with some more events coming in March. Feel free to check in on my class schedule on my Stampin' UP! website at http://www.janhoyt.stampinup.net/ and join me at my next class. I will be at the O'Fallon, IL public library for my Simply Stampin' class on Thursday, March 18th with three quick and easy cards plus envelopes for only $5, hard to beat that! Just call the O'Fallon library to sign up or sent me an email (inkerzaway@aol.com) to register and pay at the door.
In the meantime, have a great week-end and happy stamping! Spring is trying to put in an appearance here in my area and we are having some early April showers but I'm hoping we will get a little sunshine here and there. Jan

No comments:

Hit Counter