What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ahoy, matey!

Well, convention is over and the summer is coming to a close, that means that it's time for Stamp Club to start back up again which is just what happened yesterday.  My monthly stamp club ladies started meeting again and here is one of the cards that we made at our club meeting.  Don't you love this great lighthouse set?  I will confess that I am partial to lighthouses so I was very happy to see a new lighthouse set in the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalogue.  This month we made an "easel card" for our big project...it's a technique taken straight out of the Split Coast Stampers Resource tutorials.  The beauty of this project is that it looks like a regular card, folds like a regular card (well, a 4"x4" regular card) and best of all fits into a standard envelope with regular postage...but it's also designed to be freestanding so it can be displayed on your desk or wherever you want to put it.   The little red scalloped edge is popped up a little to act as a "stopper" and keep the card standing up.  Pretty cool!  I stamped this one with a Happy Anniversary greeting and plan to send it to my parents as a belated anniversary card.  I did call them, don't worry....just didn't get my 'stampin' mojo" kicked into gear in time to get the card there for their actual anniversary so they are expecting it and besides which they are my parents and they are used to me always being a little bit behind schedule.    
      This is a photo of what the card looks like when it's closed..just a sweet little 4x4 square card with a little surprise inside!  I'd love it if you would leave a comment and tell me what you think.  ;-)


Stamps Used:

Uncharted Territory pg 116 (wood mounted 116952 $$19.95 or clear mounted 1204565 $14.95)

Teeny Tiny Wishes (for the sentiment) pg 157 item #115370 $36.95 wood mounted option only

Cardstock: Real Red, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White

Designer Series Paper:Island Oasis #117173 $9.95 pg 27 of the Summer Mini

If you are in the area and would like to join us for our monthly club projects, please contact me at inkerzaway@aol.com and I'll fill you in on the details.  Guests are always welcome or I would be happy to put together a monthly club for you and your stamping friends at my place or yours! 

No comments:

Hit Counter