What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Friday, August 27, 2010

school days, school days, dear old "Golden Rule" Days

Yes, that crazy old tune keeps running thru my head tonight as we are packing my youngest up and getting ready to send him back to college...it's been a great having him home this summer and I am so thankful that he was able to get the time off of work to be at both of his brothers' weddings in late June and early July (yes...that's right,at 6 days apart they were pretty close together) but it was wonderful having our family all together for both wonderful and joyfilled events.  He just returned from a final visit to his GF's home in Wisconsin last night and it's time for him to get organized and back into school mode.  He'll be returning for his 3rd year at school and even though I'm not sure he'll be able to finish in 4 years I know that it won't be long until he is also graduating and heading off on his own.  Funny how I can feel so young and have such old kids....I am sounding a LOT like my mother.  Scary!

Anyway, after all that rambling, I do have something stamping related to share as well...what a relief, eh?  This is a picture of the Designer Print photo album that I'll be sending to our oldest son and his beautiful bride, Danielle,  for some favorite photos from their honeymoon trip to Oahu enroute to their new AF assignment in Japan.   This is the polkadot 6x6 album which was featured in the Summer Mini....it was SO popular that it sold out in a matter of weeks but they did get some more in stock in mid August so if you missed out on them, you can still order.  And at $10.95, the price is definitely right!  It's only 10 pages so they'll have to be selective on their favs but refills are available if she really really needs room for a few more photos.  ;-)   I will confess right up front that I was inspired by the photo on page 26 of the Summer Mini when I came up with this idea....it came out quite different but I loved the idea of the chipboard letters and the pumpkin pie striped ribbon.  I was very pleased with how it turned out and our new daughter-in-law seemed to like it or at least was smart enough to pretend that she did.  lol!  She is a sweetheart and enjoyed a brief afternoon of stamping with me when they were home visiting over the Christmas holidays so I'm pretty sure she was sincere.  Inside I used the Island Oasis Designer Series paper and  before I send it to them I will stamp a few palm trees and coconuts (from Tropical Party stamp set) and put some dimenstionals on them so that she can stick a few embellishments wherever she wants them.

Ok, so are you finally ready to see the album?   Here it is and I hope that you like it, too!  I used the chipboard backing from the Designer Series paper packs and Island Oasis Designer Series paper for the letters on the front and the extra wide pumpking pie striped ribbon to wrap around the spine and jazz it up a little.  I had thought about copying the Spring Mini sample and adhere a coconut tropical drink image over the "o" in aloha but haven't remembered to try it just yet....what do you think?  Fine "as is" or should I serve up a coconut beverage to go with it?  I would love to hear your feedback!    Jan


And before I forget, here's a last minute reminder that the Summer Mini along with this album and many other wonderful items will expire soon, August 31st is the last day to order from the mini so if there is something you have been thinking about ordering now would be the time. Online ordering is available 24/7 on my "store front" at http://www.janhoyt.stampinup.net/ or call me if you need help entering the order!

No comments:

Hit Counter