What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Crimper Card Fun

If you made it to my Open House in late July, then you have already seen this card but for those who weren't there, I thought it was about time that I shared pictures of the projects we made. 

This is a technique that I first saw on a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator's blog a few months ago.  She even has a great tutorial! You can check it out at the link I will share below.   I was further inspired to try one of these "crimper fold" cards when I saw a card done with the same technique featured on my very good Stampin' Up! friend Lyssa's blog a while back,  I will include the link to her card below the link to the tutorial.

Anyway making this card is so easy and it definitely looks like more layers than it really is.  Instead of doing a lot of stamping, I used a bit of "punch art" from the new SU owl punch and the sentiment is from a new set called Word Play.  Just a little hint, it's much easier to stamp the greeting BEFORE you do the crimping even though it is possible to stamp the crimped paper as long as you press really hard.
Ingredients for this card:
2 step owl extra large punch  #118074   $16.95
Word Play Stamp Set (set of 12)
Wood mount: 120308 $41.95
Clear mount:  120651 $28.95
Tempting Turquoise ink and cardstock along with Whisper white
Crimper 101618 $19.95

Here is the link to Dawn O's blog with her great tutorial for this "fun fold" using the crimper. 
http://dostamping.typepad.com/dostamping_with_dawn/2010/04/video-crimped-diamond-background-technique.html

Here is the link to Lyssa's blog where I saw the crimper fold used again.
http://songofmyheartstampers.typepad.com/song_of_my_heart_stampers/2010/03/a-very-unlike-me-kind-of-card.html

Please take a moment to visit each of these great blogs and gain some more stamping inspiration!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan! I love this card! Great technique, and I just love the owl punch! I can't wait to get him!

Bethany (flymombg)

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

Thanks for the shout out Jan! Cute owl and lighthouse card used with the Crimped Diamond background!

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

Thanks for the shout out Jan! Cute owl and lighthouse card used with the Crimped Diamond background!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link, my friend! Can't wait to see you at leadership. Adorable card! Lyssa
www.songofmyheartstampers.typepad.com

Hit Counter