What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Can you believe this? A NEW toy from Stampin' Up!

Usually I like to stamp on my cards but for this card I had to make an exception.  This is a super simple card made using the new Letterpress plates from the Holiday Mini.  This one is called Joyful Season, item 120981 and at $5.95 it's one of the least expensive toys I have ever bought.  This is a hard plastic plate (similar to the Sizzix Texture Plates) with a thick raised image which you coat with craft ink and then lay the cardstock on top and run it thru the Big Shot.  voila!  The difference is that the raised image is a little big higher than the Texture Plates so the embossing is a bit deeper plus it comes thru with whatever color of ink was applied.  Of course, you could run it thru without ink and have a dry embossed image instead if you want but I was playing with the color so color is what I got.  I used a Real Red craft spot (easier than using a full size pad) and patted the color onto the raised portion but I got a little messy so I grabbed a baby wipe to clean up the boo boos before I applied the cardstock.  After that, I just added a Real Red cardstock base and that was it. 

Check out page 42 of the Holiday Mini to see all of the new Letterpress plates available....there's a little something for everyone!  Jan

No comments:

Hit Counter