What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Headstart on the Holidays" Card class (Jolly Old Saint Nick)

Hi everyone!  Has it really been more than two weeks since I have posted?  Wow, how time flies when you are having fun stamping,...or just having fun period.  Sorry to have gone underground, but I actually was busy stamping and have some great samples as a result!

Let's start with a card we made at my "Headstart on the Holidays" class on Sept 18th.  We did 6 cards, I will share them with you over the next few days but let's start with Santa!  I had a great turnout for this class but quite a few people who were unable to attend so I may try to offer the same class again in late October or early November so if you are in the local area, I would love to have you join us at my next  class, please let me know if you are interested.


This is a new stamp set from our great Holiday Mini brochure (item 121711 wood mount $24.95 OR item 121321 clear mount version at $17.95) and I love the classic look of this particular Santa image.  There is also a cute little snowman imge in this set, a full size Santa with a bag full of Christmas loot, the Wishing you a Merry Christmas!" sentiment, a "to/from" stamp and a little snowflake background.  I am going to give the little snowman a chance to shine on a coaster tile...and hope for the best, I am definitely in need of a favorite new snowman!

Anyway, for the above card I used our new core color, Cherry Cobbler for the cardstock base and to color in Santa's hat, stamp the sentiment, etc.  The white background was embossed with the polka dot embossing folder and I layered Santa on a Basic Black panel to make him "pop" a bit.  The ribbon shown isn't really ribbon....it's the Cherry Cobbler seam binding tape.  That sounds like a sewing basic...and it probably is but it ties nicely and works very well for card embellishments too.   The sentiment was stamped in cherry Cobbler then punched out with the large oval punch and attached with Stampin' Dimensionals to add a little interest. 

You can't really tell from the photo but I guarantee that I added a bit of sparkle to old Mr. Claus...what's a Christmas card without glitter?  So I used my two way glue pen and my Dazzling Diamonds glitter  to add some interest to his Santa cap (the furry brim and the white pom pom on the end of the cap).  So yes, we were a dazzling bunch at class by the time everyone rotated thru the "glitter station"!  Hope you will decide to come and shine with me at my next Holiday card class!

No comments:

Hit Counter