What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, November 8, 2010

On Dasher!

Is this little reindeer not the cutest Christmas stamp you've ever seen?  I love him and stamped and embossed in gold, he is just that much cuter!  So, when I was thinking of a project to demonstrate the "embossed frame" technique how could I NOT use Dasher?
 
This embossing folder is called Petals a Plenty and it's great for the embossed frame look,,,I didn't think up this technique but I sure do love it!  I got the idea from Patty Bennett, an awesome (and extremely giving) demonstrator in California who got the idea from a swap card she got who got the idea from another crafter somewhere along the way.  At any rate, what I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure who thought this up originally but I sure am glad that was lucky enough to see it along the way.

So this particular Dasher?  Stamped with Versamark and embossed in gold embossing powder but in a pinch you could get by with stamping him in Soft Suede classic ink and he still looks great!  I prefer to stamp first and emboss the floral frame afterward using my Big Shot and the Petals a Plenty embossing folder.  That way I can "line up" the oval around the stamped image instead of having to use my Stampamajig (SAMJ) or blinding stamping the image.  I cut the white cardstock down a few notches so I could layer it easily...it's on Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then layered again on a folded piece of Whisper White cardstock.  Before adhering the Cherry Cobbler down to the white base I attached some Real Red taffetta ribbon around the lower part of the card.  For my workshop, we used the Cherry Cobbler seam binding...it matched the Cherry Cobbler cardstock better but we ran out of it at the workshop so when it came time to take photos...well, that's the way it goes.

Anyway, I hope that you like Dasher as well as I do!  He's the "Rock Star of Reindeer"!  

No comments:

Hit Counter