What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Button, Button...who's got the button? (sneak peek preview from Occasions Mini)

Do you love "sneak peeks" of cards as much as I do?  This card was one I made over the week-end using some of my new stamps from the upcoming Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini. The only kind of stamps I like better than sneak peek stamps are free stamps and I earned this set for FREE from Stampin' Up! for participating in a "book-a-thon" in November.  I can't explain why but for some reason, it's hard for me to pick up the phone and call people to ask if they are interested in hosting a party so I was pretty thrilled to end up booking not one, not two but THREE workshops during the "book-a-thon".  Stampin' Up! was pretty happy with the overall results achieved by demonstrators because we hit our collective goal and as a treat any demonstrator who booked at least one workshop/home party earned this set for free.

This card is from the upcoming new Occasions mini catalogue making it the perfect choice to use for a card swap with my Inkerzaway stamping team members when we met this past weekend for our December team meeting.  I went with the old standby of the "one sheet wonder" (OSW) for this swap....I started out thinking I would "case" (copy and slightly edit!)  a card I saw online but it ended up evolving into the OSW card which you see below.  I love the color combo of Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie and Pear Pizzazz.  I layered the stamped sheet on Night of Navy cardstock,embellished it with a "ribbon" of Pumpkin Pie cardstock created with the ribbon border punch and added a sentiment from Word Play stamp set.  This was punched out with the wide oval punch and layered it on a piece of Night of Navy cardstock diecut with my favorite tag from the Sizzix Lots of Tags set.  The nice thing about a paper ribbon is that you can make it any color you want and it won't add bulk to your card and require extra postage...how great is that?

As you can see from the above pictures....I made a batch of the cards for this swap but they went pretty fast because they are very simple cards....amazingly I even finished the cards a whole day ahead of swap time, a rare accomplishment for this procrastinator!  I chose the "get well" sentiment because I wanted to use the wide oval punch and it fit that punch to a tee.  Any other sentiment would work just as well and turn it instantly into a b-day, thinking of you or whatever kind of card you prefer.

No comments:

Hit Counter