What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy I Do Day wedding card

My best friend's daughter is getting married today so who could resist making a wedding card in her wedding colors of pink and silver to go with the gift. It's a winter wedding, so why not a few snowflakes?  I used a tiny rhinestone to accent the engagement ring in the sentiment then couldn't resist adding some more bling to the centers of the snowflakes.

The card was VERY easy to make...I put it together yesteday after I finished getting ready for a class and before anyone arrived to get started.  I had intended to do a much more complicated card with the Sizzis pop up cake die altered to be a wedding cake but, in my usual style, I completely ran out of time so, this card is simple but at least it's an original which doesn't happen all that often.  ;-)

Love the extra shine you get with glossy white cardstock so I embossed the Northern Flurry Sizzix embossing folder on a 4"x5.25" piece of glossy white and sponged some Pirouette Pink ink around the edges and over the popped up snowflakes.  The pink background layer was diecut using the Sizzix sizzlet from Lots of Tags then I stamped the Happy I Do Day sentiment (from Word Play) in silver and punched it out with the wide oval punch. The white embossed cardfront is layered onto Pirouette Pink cardstock.  Inside if another lyaer of white with a wedding wishes sentiment stamped in silver and a little room for a personal message.  This card was really fun and fast to make,  hopefully the bride and her groom will like it. 

1 comment:

Barbara Becker said...

I love this card, I am CASEing this one for sure!

Hit Counter