What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh Dasher, my Dasher! OR who's YOUR favorite reindeer?

When I was a kid, Rudolf always seemed like the star of the show for Santa's reindeer but lately Dasher has become my favorite.  Could it have anything to do with this cute little Stampin' Up! single stamp called Dasher?  He is the cutest reindeer in town!

Here he is stamped in Soft Suede inside an embossed oval frame. Isn't this cool?  By using my Petals a Plenty embossing folder and a little trick shared with me by fellow demonstrator Patty Bennett, I learned how to "omit" the embossing on the center of the card leaving a nice smooth surface for stamping.  Couldn't resist accenting the embossed flowers arund the outside of the frame with some little Cherry Cobbler dots then layering it on Cherry Cobbler before attaching to a folded white card. with a bit of Cherry Cobbler seam binding wrapped around the bottom and tied in a nice masculine reindeer knot.  Ok, so it's just a regular old knot...but they seem more masculine than tying a bow and that is so much easier anyway since I am "bow impaired" and have a hard time tying a nice bow most of the time...or would that be all of the time?

Anyway, I will be featuring this card at my meetup group's Simply Stampin' class at the O'Fallon, IL library on Thursday, Dec 16th.  I would love it if you would like to join us, just RSVP at least 24 hours in advance, we will make 3 simple cards with envelopes for $5.  Just try beating that at the local card shop, eh? 

No comments:

Hit Counter