What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, January 31, 2011

A "kiss" for you!

 This card was one of my favorite swap cards from the Stampin' Up! Leadership conference earlier this month....who ever would have thought to punch out a hole for a Hershey's kiss to poke through? So as soon as I saw this darling 3x3 card I knew it would be one of the cards in my Valentine card class.  It uses the "Filled With Love " stamp set and Designer Series Paper included in the Filled With Love bundle pack.  SO clever!!! I wish I knew who made this card but there was no name on the back of the swap so I am clueless.  If this was your card or you recognize the card and know who came up with this idea, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.




Here is a close up of the card with the partially opened so you can how it was done...there are several layers.  A strip of Very Vanilla then a slightly larger strip of Basic Black which was layered on Designer Series paper with a base of Very Vanilla cardstock underneath. 
 
First you stamp "LOVE" on the vanilla strip.  This is one time when the clear mount stamps come in very handy....makes it so easy to line up the image on the narrow strip of cardstock.  After stamping, I used the 1" circle punch to punch the center out of the letter "O".  Since you can't punch thru very many layers at once I did them one at a time.  I used the first layer as a template and  laid it in place (without adhesive at this point) and drew a circle around the inside of the opening with a pen.  There is still an edge of the black ink remaining after you punch so you don't need to worry about the ink showing and believe it or not the black ink shows up on the Basic Black cardstock.  After punching the black piece, I used that as a template for the next punch.  The Designer Series Paper is pretty thin so I went ahead and attached it to the Very Vanilla base and punched those together.....but I made sure to avoid getting adhesive in the area I was punching.  You'll understand why soon enough, I promise!   
 
Once all the circles have been punched out, you can go ahead and assemble the card then add some Red Satin Ribbon tied in a knot around the top of the card.  Don't forget to put a mini glue dot or a Stampin' Dimensional on the bottom of the Hershey's Kiss so it will stick on the cardstock, the card front will open and close over the kiss...how cute is that? I love it!  
 
On the inside, stamp the little tiny image with Feb 14th and a tiny heart in black.  Since there is a one inch circle of the red double sided paper leftover after punching, it is perfect for punching out a little tiny heart with the Small Heart punch which then fits perfectly over the heart image in the Feb 14th sentiment. Brilliant!  Choose whichever side of the DSP you like and adhere it over the little stamped heart.  Isn't that the cutest thing?  I love it!   I am hosting some friends for a little gathering during the week before Valentine's day and I think I have enough of the DSP left to more of these cards as little table favors for my gathering...maybe I can work on them in between loads of laundry this week, wish me luck?

No comments:

Hit Counter