What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine treast, anyone?

Wouldn't you love to get a sweet treat like this for Valentine's Day and in one of these cute little packets? Even better!  I received this as a swap at a stamping conference earlier this month Barbara Faulkner, another Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Isn't this adorable?  Well, I thought so and so did my stamp club ladies....most of the treats even managed to leave my house with the Ghiradelli chocolate treat intact!  To make the treat holder, I had to take it apart to figure out what Barbara had done....she altered the large tag from the Two Tags Sizzix diecut  (115954 for $21.95) by folding the cardstock in half and lining the folded edge up with the score line on the diecut to get the tabbed end on both ends of the diecut.  Pretty sweet little trick!   Folded in half and tied up with a bit of White Taffetta ribbon and after that, it was easy!  For the decoration on the outside, I stamped the three hearts image from I Heart Hearts and punched it out with the Heart to Heart punch...easy peasy!  I did make a little substitution by punching out a small glittery red heart using the Small Heart punch (117193 $5.95).  I love that red glitter paper....didn't plan on getting any but received a package as a gift from Stampin' Up! at the Leadership conference so thank you, SU!  It's officially called Glimmer Paper and oh my, does this stuff sparkle! It's in the Occasions mini on page 5 and it's perfect for Valentine's!  (121790 , two 12x12 sheets for $3.95) The best part, besides the sparkle,  is that it doesn't dull your cutting blade nor does it shed sparkle all over everything.   To finish off the project, she made a cute little pennant "banner" using the  Happy Valentine's Day from Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370  $36.95) for a set of a bazzillion !  Ok, so officially that would be a set of 24 but honestly, that set has a stamp for every occasion!  I use it all the time and it makes a great little pennant!  Thanks, Barbara for the inspiration!    

1 comment:

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

What a fun way to present a treat!

Hit Counter