What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, January 24, 2011

Whoooo loves ya?

While I'm on a roll of posting to my blog, I thought I would share the 3rd project from our January stamp club meeting....this little owl is just too cute!   Again, I used the Framed Tulip embossing folder from the new Occasions Mini (I am addicted to embossing folders, I tell ya!) and of course a little snippet of Red Glimmer paper on the large red heart.  What a great combo!  This card looks like it has a lot of pieces but it actually goes together really fast!  Stamp the little owl (from Punch Bunch-- one of our free SAB sets available this year) and punch him  out with the 2 step owl punch (118074 for $16.95) then stick him right on the card.  I snitched the layout idea of the heart within a heart with the little owl from another talented demonstrator friend, Sarah Wills (aka willsygirl on splitcoast stampers..be sure to go check out her amazing gallery on splitcoast)  and then made a few little changes of my own.  The owl is doing a bit of a highwire balancing act on a string of hearts from a new Occasions Mini set called Valentine Defined and the Be My Valentine sentiment is from Filled With Love , from the Holiday Mini available as a special bundle for only a few more days.    Of course, this little guy ended up framed by tulips (the new embossing folder)  The measurements for this card are the same as the embossed hearts card I posted on the 22nd...white layer is 3"x 4 1/8th " and the black layer is 3 1/8th" by 4 1/4th ...makes them nestle down perfecting into that tulip frame..ya gotta love it!  The red panel is 4" x 5.25" so it fit perfectly into the tulip folder then layered onto a folded white card....quick and easy!   

No comments:

Hit Counter