What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Be My Valentine?

Are you feeling it?  Filled With Love, I mean?  It's almost February and Valentine's Day is just around the corner so it's time to start working on those hand stamped Valentines.  Yesterday I had a great class....afternoon and evening session were both "Filled With Love" and stamping fun.  The Filled with Love stamp set, that is.  There was a great Stampin' Up! Valentine bundle offered in January which included the "Filled With Love" stamp set, a package of clear buttons and a special pink and red pack of Designer Series paper just begging to be made into a class.  So of course, I surfed the web frequently in search of the perfect valentine inspiration for the class and I think I found exactly what I needed.  

Thankfully, the Stampin' Up! demonstrator forces were busy making beautiful valentine samples with this great stamp set.  This is one of the 4 projects we did at the class and it was "stamplifted" hook, line and sinker from the very talented Angie Juda of "Chic 'N Scratch" fame...thanks so much, Angie for the inspiration.  You can check out her great blog at  http://www.chicnscratch.typepad.com/ and enjoy her clean and simple style of stamping.

I love the contrast of pink and black, it's so striking!  This card used the Filled With Love stamp set and the Heart of Hearts embosslit...a cool little Sizzix toy which cuts and embosses cardstock all in one swipe of the Big Shot as well as the Full Heart XL punch and the small heart punch.  I love it when stamp sets are perfectly designed to coordinate with a punch. ..makes it so easy to create quick cards. 


Here's the inside of the card ...a little layer of Whisper White cardstock so you can see the stamping and write a little message if you like, or just sign it "Your Secret Admirer".  That always gets people wondering!  ;-) I chose the Thoughts of you warm my heart sentiment then used the little heart to stamp on either corner of it.


Please check back later for more pictures of the Filled With Love stamp class projects!






No comments:

Hit Counter