What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Thanks for Caring" butterfly sympathy card

Here we go!  I am getting back to my blog after two weeks...where does the time go?  Apparently it flies even faster than this little butterfly!  But I am back and I have a new card to show you...this is a VERY easy and fast card but I love the elegance of the white on white coupled with the Framed Tulip embossing folder...does it get any easier?    The little butterfly was made using the Beautiful Wings embosslit (a great little Sizzix die which cuts out the same and embosses a pattern into the paper at the same time) which I embossed on pink Designer Series paper (Pink Pirouette from the In Colors Designer Paper Pack) then sponged around the edges and over the embossed portions using Regal Rose classic ink.   The "with deepest sympathy" sentiment is from Thanks for Caring,  an elegant new set in the Occasions mini.  I ordered that at the first opportunity because I knew this beautiful set would come in handy...there are several other sentiments included, not all are sympathy only, some would be suitable for thinking of you or get well cards but are definitely appropriate for sympathy as well.   Inside is a nice verse and I stamped a little butterfly from the set on the back of the card instead of my "handstamped by" stamp.  

This is one of the three cards we'll be making tomorrow afternoon at my Simply Stampin' 3-4-5 (3 cards for $5) "meetup.com" group library class at the O'Fallon, IL library.  I appreciate RSVP's in advance but I usually bring a couple of extra packets to class....if you are local and decide you'd like to attend please drop me a note at inkerzaway@aol.com to let me know and I will bring a packet for you. Just bring your own adhesive to use at class, I provide everything else.  If you can't make it tomorrow, plan to join us next month at class.  We meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month...next time is March 17th.  You never know...we might stamp something green!                                                                     



No comments:

Hit Counter