What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Vintage Butterfly Bliss

I don’t usually do the “vintage” thing but when I saw this stamp set I had a hard time resisting it…I just love the flourish/curli-que thing from the stamp set “Bliss” which is one of the FREE sets you can earn with a $50 Stampin’ Up! purchase during “Sale-a-Bration”. 
CIMG2905
Don’t you love the gathered ribbon at the bottom?  I have seen a lot of examples of this on various blogs but hadn’t tried it until yesterday.  It’s easy!  And looks great on a vintage style card, don’t you think?  The trick is using the right kind of ribbon….the seam binding in the Occasions Mini works great!  Just measure the length of the card you’re putting the ribbon on and then double that length.  Tie a loose knot in one end of the ribbon (to keep the gathering from sliding out the end, I guess?) then pluck a thread from the other end and start pulling the thread until you see it “wrinkling” up, keep pulling the ruffles/gathering down to the end until you’re happy with the look of it then lay a line of adhesive along the edge where you want the ribbon.  You can adjust the ribbon as you stick it down the adhesive until you have it to your liking…thankfully it will pull back up if you need to re-arrange it and it will still stick to the adhesive when you put it back down.  Be sure to apply some adhesive on the back of the card so you can hide  the ends of the ribbon.  The top layer of Crumb Cake cardstock was cut slightly smaller than the base and sponged around the edge with Early Espresso then attached to a standard size crumb cake base.
Please bear with me, I am experimenting with Windows Live Writer for my blog post and have never used that program before.  So far, so good…at least it seems so!
Details for the rest of this card as follows:
Crumb Cake cardstock, Early Espresso Ink, Crumb Cake seam binding and a little self adhesive pearl in the center of the stamped image.  The butterfly is stamped with Tangerine Tango….sure wish there was a punch for this butterfly but no such luck, so I had to trim it out with scissors and attached it with a Stampin’ Dimensional.  This was the  first time I used the self adhesive pearls…they are awesome!  Here is a close up view of the pearl...it doesn't show up as well as I had hoped but maybe it's easier to see in this photo.
  I demo’ed this card at Georgia’s workshop last night… hope she and her guests liked it as much as I did!  Below is a simplified version of the card which we did at the Simply Stampin’ 3-4-5 library class earlier this week.  This card has the same elements, just done in a more simplified fashion... the Crumb Cake seam binding is tied at the top of the card and there's a Get Well sentiment on this one.  Bliss with Butterfly Get Well
Now, let’s hope that I can figure out how to load this blog post with the new program…if you are reading this you’ll already know the answer!

No comments:

Hit Counter