What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Susan!

Yep, my OLDER sister celebrates a birthday today....not sure if she got her b-day card in time or not but at least I managed to get it in the mail several days ahead of schedule.  Not my usual "modus operandi"...but I guess that's what happens when your maiden name is DeLay.

Anyway, here is my sister's card....coincidentally it also happens to be very similar to the card we did at my stamp club meeting this month, but please don't tell her that.  ;-)  I got the inspiration for this card from a very talented Stampin' Up! demo, Mary Fish of Stampin' Pretty Pals fame.  I loved her brilliant idea of using the free Designer Series Paper from the Ice Cream Parlour paper pack with the Tasteful Trim Sizzix XL die to make the colorful background for the card.  The strips of DSP were diecut with the smallest "ric-rac" option and then glued onto the background with a 2 way glue pen....easier and less messy than a Snail or a gluestick. 

The Create a Cupcake stamp set and matching cupcake punch make the focal point for this card so easy and fast ....the cupcake wrapper was punched out of pink striped DSP and the "icing" was stamped in Tangerine Tango and punched out, it fits just fine on punch out of the 2.5 inch circle punch which layers nicely with the 2 3/8th inch scallop circle.  Layered on Pacific Point and then a base layer of folded white cardstock, it makes a nice colorful birthday card...sure hope that my sister thinks so, too. 


No comments:

Hit Counter