What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Cupcake!

Hard to believe it but my baby brother had another birthday this year...how is it that he keeps getting older but I don't?  Anyway, I did manage to call him on his actual birthday to wish him a happy day, but it took me a  few days longer to get on the ball and get a card in the mail to him.   Happily, I did manage to take a photo of it first!

We did a similar card for our church card ministry this month using some of my favorite retired Stampin' Up! colors...this one used Brilliant Blue, I sure love it paired with Tangerine Tango! It also uses the Create a Cupcake stamp set and punch....the cupcake "icing" was stamped in Chocolate Chip and the paper wrapper is punched out of Tangerine Tango retired Designer Series paper with the finished cupcake layered on a punched out scallop.  The white cardstock was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to add a little interest and the sentiment says "there's something fabulous about your birthday (must be you!)" which is stamped in Chocolate Chip and punched out with the Designer Label punch...I backed it with a layer of Tangerine Tango.  You may be wondering how I did that since there is no layering punch for this shape....I cheated a little bit.  I punched out 2 extra "designer labels" and cut one in half lengthwise and cut the other in half cross-wise and spread them out enough to attach them underneath the punched out sentiment.  It would be great to have a layering punch (slightly bigger!...are you listening Stampin' Up!???) but this will have to do in the meantime.

So, Happy Birthday, Baby Brother!  Hope it was a good one and I wish you many many more birthdays!

No comments:

Hit Counter