What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Eat Chocolate….who can resist that???

Have you seen the great “Eat Chocolate” set from the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Mini yet?  It is PERFECT for housewarming gifts especially if  there is chocolate involved! 

I spend way too much time on stamping related internet groups and checking out blogs created by fellow stampers, many of whom are also Stampin’ Up    demos….sometimes I get to meet them in person at Stampin’ Up! events but once in a while, I get to welcome them to my little neck of the Stampin’ woods…..which was the case this week. 

One of my demonstrator cyber-friends is an Air Force spouse whod has just relocated from Germany to O’Fallon, Il….we have communicated online a few times over the past few months.  During my days as a Navy nurse/military spouse myself I have moved around plenty so I was happy to share a few tips about the area …you know, the usual stuff.  Good vet for the puppies, the inside scoop on the local schools, favorite placse to shop, where to get a decent haircut, etc. 

As the move date grew closer,  I was happy to hear that they found a house just around the corner from me and was anxious to meet my cyber friend at last.  They finally arrived this week so I decided to surprise her with a little housewarming gift for the whole family….chocolate!!!   I used a new mini-bundt cake pan (recent Sam’s Club acquisition) to make a batch of brownies and sprinkled them with Confectioner’s Sugar ….they are so pretty that you hate to eat them but they are too good to just look at them.  Trust me on that....can you tell that I also made a batch for my family?  I haven't officially met Kelly yet but I did leave the chocolate welcome on the door step this afternoon and got to talk to her this evening, we even have a stamping rendevous planned for next week.

Anyway, I was happy to be able to incorporate my favorite new Eat Chocolate stamp set to decorate the housewarming gift!  A little Rose Red double stitched ribbon to attach a little bow (ok, so it’s a knot…I am “impaired” when it comes to tying a nice bow) and  little gift tag...i says Eat Chocolate, Do Laundry, Clean House and there is a check in the box by Eat Chocolate, at the bottom it says, “at least you’ll get something done today!” .  On the little gift enclosure card (I even found my 3x3 envelopes!) the stamp has a piece of chooclate with sprinkles and it says…”Everyone needs a friend with chocolate…I am that friend”.
My family enjoyed their little chocolate treat this evening (my youngest son just got home from school for Spring Break so the timing was good) and I'm  hoping my friend Kelly and her family are enjoying a chocolate treat, too!  Welcome to the neighborhood, Kelly… I hope you like it here!

No comments:

Hit Counter