What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Friday, May 13, 2011

love the drama of black & white and a little bling!

This is the 2nd card from the April Simply Stampin' library card class and it was "cased " hook, line and sinker (cased is polite stamper talk for "copy and steal everything") completely from a beautiful card made by a Stampin' Up buddy of mine named Lynn Starzl (here is a link to the very same card she shared on her blog back in mid April...http://www.starzlstamps.com/2011/04/m.html ).

I think that probably Lynn put a little more effort into her card than I did but since I was simplifying it for my quick and easy library class, I figured it was ok.  She used the Movers and Shapers die to cut hearts out of the top layer of cardstock while I used just the heart shape to cut black hearts out of cardstock and layer over the top of the card base....faster and easier and that way I could have the pieces cut out ahead of time making the class projects go faster.  Things sort of bog down when each project requires the use of the Big Shot (what can I say?  I don't know how to stamp without it anymore!)

Anyway, we used the heart shape from the Movers and Shapers die to get the slightly larger black hearts and the Heart of Hearts Scalloped Embosslit to make the slightly smaller white hearts..not only do .they have a nice scalloped finish around the edges but they are embossed with polka dots as well and the embosslit does it all at the same time...how fun and easy!  More on those later!

The base of the card is Whisper White which has been run thru the big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder (did I mention I am hooked on this Big Shot thing?) to give a lovely swirly textured pattern to the cardstock....love it!  The sentiment, "Happy I Do Day" is from a stamp set called Word Play (it's on special for 30% off during the month of May....if I didn't have it already I would be snapping it up for sure this month!), it is stamped on white using black ink then punched out with the XL Heart punch.  Then I added a small rhinestone to the engagement ring image in the stamped greeting and layered on one of the black hearts,, the white scalloped heart was then layered onto the other black heart and they were both arranged on the front of the card and adhered with stampin' Dimensionals.  A bit of black ribbon tied around the spine of the card completes the look and who wouldn't love to get a wedding card like this?

Thanks, Lynn, for sharing your talent and thanks to the Big Shot for making it all possible!

No comments:

Hit Counter