What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, October 1, 2011

aaah, that crisp Autumn weather!

I believe Fall has finally arrived....don't you just love those cool, crisp mornings and bright sunny afternoons?  I think this is probably my favorite time of the year!  And who can think about Fall without thinking of leaves?  I don't really enjoy raking them but I still love them!  Here's a card with some "falling leaves" using Gently Falling,  a new set in the Holiday Mini catalogue.  The sentiment is from Perfectly Penned, a new set in the "Big Book" (Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue.  The clear mount option on both of this sets sure makes it a lot easier to line up and stamp!

The cardstock is a Crumb Cake base with Soft Suede for the embossed layer at the top, I used Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink to stamp and wrapped some of the natural hemp around the top.  We made this project at stamp club in September.  If you are local and would be interested in "sitting in" on our stamp club classes, just let me know.  You don't have to be a member to attend, everyone is welcome!




This set os a "2 step" stamp set which means the bold image is on one stamp then you go back with the 2nd stamp to put in the details.  In this case, the color is on the bold stamp and the detail (veins of the leaf) on the second stamp.  I don't often go for cutting out lots of detailed images but this one was pretty easy so I made the effort.

I cased this great card from  jillastamps on SplitCoast Stampers but changed just a part of it by using the striped Sizzix embossing folder to emboss the dark top layer of the card, everything else is pretty much the same.  Thanks, Jill for the inspiration, you can see her card here  http://www.jillstamps.com/2011/09/si...-fabulous.html

No comments:

Hit Counter