What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hey, buddy,,Button Buddy, that is!

Ok, I have been fighting with my computer for several days trying to get this photo uploaded in a vertical position.....I have never claimed to be good with computers and this certainly proves it!  BUT finally I was 

able to get the photo editing program to work and SAVE the photo once I had it turned correctly.  I hope you appreciate not having to lean sideways to view this photo!  ha, ha!                        So at last here is a very quick and easy card made with Button Buddies,  one of my favorite "all occasion"sets from the 2011-2012 Idea Book and catalogue.  Cute, quick and versatile...what more could a stamper ask?                                                                                              This card was one of the featured projects at my October session of Simply Stampin' 3-4-$5 cards scheduled through my meetup.com group.  If you don't already know about it, just go to www.meetup.com and set up a free profile, then search for my group, Inkerzaway Stampin' and Scrappin' in O'Fallon, IL and surrounding areas.  I think if you put in the first few words, it should pop up for you.  If you join the meetup group (which is free) then you will automatically get invitations to all of our "meet up"gatherings.  You can even RSVP on line and get a reminder a day or two before the class.   I currently offer meetups in 3 locations so there is something for everyone.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           But back  to the card sample....this is a real quickie card...simple layers, easy to stamp and a little glitter for  bling!  I used markers to ink up the stamp in the "direct to rubber" technique style...black marker for the vase, Real Red marker for the flowers and Old Olive marker for the stems.  After it was stamped, I colored in the centers of the blooms with Daffodil Delight.  I recommend attaching the layers of the base together and positioning it on the red card stock for spacing before stamping the sentiment.  This Happy Birthday sentiment in black  (which I now realize is a reversed mirror image in the photo...hmmm, how did THAT happen?  Must have been something I did went editing and flipping the pic...so sorry!) is from the stamp set Perfectly Penned.  I love the font on this script...elegant but not fussy and suitable for anyone without looking "girly" with four all occasion sentiments.   Once the sentiment was stamped, I finished assembling the card.  And the final touch...saved for the very end for good reason...was to apply a dab of  Delightful Details (a  new sparkly clear "glitter glue" from Stampin' Up!) to the center of the flowers.  I saved that detail for the very last thing because it takes a little while for the glitter glue to dry, so set it aside to dry undisturbed after you finish the card.  I have seen people punch out little flowers, accent with pearls or rhinestones or use small colored buttons (hence the name of the set, Button Buddies....every image in the set has a place where buttons could be used for embellishment) but since the meetup group classes emphasize quick, easy and affordable cards I left the card simple.  Hope you like it!  Please join me at my next Simply Stampin' 3-4-$5 (three cards for $5) class if you are interested in more quick, clean and simple cards!  We meet in O'Fallon, IL at the public library, at nearby Scott AFB at the Arts and Crafts Center and at Speedy Scrappers Scrapbook store in Highland, IL and I would love to have you come to check it out if you are nearby.

Both sets are available in clear mount or wood mount.
Button Buddies pg 71 (set of 8) WM #122735 $29.95, CM #122737 $21.95
Perfectly Penned  pg 154(set of 4) WM #122890  $16.95  #122892  $12.95
 If you would like to see the rest of the images in each set, you can view them online at my webstore
http://www.janhoyt.stampinup.com or click on the "shop now" button on the sidebar of my blog.


No comments:

Hit Counter