What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gently Falling....leaves everywhere!

Gently Falling is a beautiful new "two step" stamp set from Stampin' Up! and if you follow blogs at all, I am sure you have seen it many times over the past two months.  If you don't follow stamping then I will briefly explain that "two step" is not a stamping dance to be performed in special stamping boots...it simply means that each image has a bold stamp and an outline stamp to allow you to apply color and detail for the image.  Ink up the  "bold" stamp first with color and then ink up the outline stamp and stamp over the previous image to lend details to the final result.  Nowhere does this work more beautifully than with fall colors and leaves!

So, naturally, I had to use my current favorite stamp set for the Simply Stampin' 3-4-$5 classes I offered this month.  This particular card was a card sample which I saw on Angie Kennedy Juda's  Chic 'n Scratch Stampin' Up! blog.  I love her clean and simple style so I couldn't resist changing it up a wee bit and using it for my class....nobody seemed to mind even though the card called for a little bit of "fussy cutting" to get the finished leaf attached to the card! 

Here's the card we made....I had more than 15 people at my October classes and every single card turned out just great so it clearly qualifies as a fun and easy card!  Please take a moment to tell me what you think and if you'd like to visit Angie's blog www.chicnscratch.com I am sure you would enjoy seeing some of her other projects.

The card is simply a folded piece of white card stock with a brown "strip" made from Early Espresso card stock run through the Big Shot with the new Sizzix Houndstooth embossing folder..  The leaf was stamped first with More Mustard ink, then before stamping we lightly tapped a darker color (Tangerine Tango in this photo) around the edges of the leaf directly onto the rubber before stamping it on white card stock.  With the matching "detailed" maple leaf stamp, I used Early Espresso to overstamp to get the veins and an outline of the leaf onto the paper.  The beauty of doing this is that you can always go back with a stamping sponge or a sponge dauber to fill in any missed spaces before cutting out the leaf.  Truly a "no brainer" stamp set!  This is one set that makes me VERY thankful for the clear mount blocks and clear mount stamp set...so much easier to "eyeball it" and line up the stamping without requiring a stamp positioner.

  The "Thankful thoughts of you" sentiment is from the Grateful Greetings stamp set.  To attach the twine on top of the leaf, I just tied a little knot in a piece of natural hemp and attached it with a small glue dot...holds just fine and much easier than trying to tie a knot around a skinny little paper stem!  If you click on the photo, you should be able to see the embossed detail on the Early Espresso card strip.

I'll be featuring  this card again on the first Tuesday in November at my Scott Air Force base meetup class so it's not too late to join me if you are interested in doing this project plus the Button Buddies vase from my previous post.  I will share our final meetup card in my next post. 


Here's the info on the stamp sets used for this card:

Gently Falling  set of 12 and worth every penny!
Wood mount version #123802 $39.95     Clear Mount version #123804 $28.95
 
Grateful Greetings (set of 12): Wood Mount only #116511 $36.95

No comments:

Hit Counter