What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Switching gears to another holiday

Yes, I am definitely switching gears and skipping forward to a Christmas card...I shared this one today on splitcoaststampers.com and decided that I should go ahead and get it on my blog now.  I don't ordinarily get carried away with advance preparations, but I did a Headstart on the Holidays class last month and this was one of my favorite cards from that class.  Although totally out of character for me, this card was not copied hook, line and sinker from another blog...it's a very simple design and hardly unique but I did actually come up with it myself!  I know, I know...don't faint, just enjoy the moment!

My favorite thing about this card is the awesome Glimmer Paper!  It shows up MUCH better in person but that shimmer on the cuffs, heels and toes of the stockings is no ordinary glitter!  It's the most beautiful glitter paper you have ever seen!  Punches out easily, doesn't shed and shimmers like a shooting star!  I love what it did for this card!  I used the Framed Tulips embossing folder (#121809 $$7.95) to make an embossed "frame" on the top layer of white cardstock, stamped the holiday greeting from "Heard from the Heart" stamp set (111644 WM for$22.95, 120006 CM version for $16.95 toward the bottom of the embossed frame then used Stitched Stockings to stamp in Cherry Cobbler  (Holiday Mini set of 7, # 123782 $27.95 for WM and 123784 $19.95 for CM) and the coordinating Stocking Builder Punch (124095 $16.95) to punch out those cute little stockings.  I punched just the heel/toe/cuff portion with Silver Glimmer paper and stuck those onto the stockings which adhesive along with a little rhinestone in the "sparkle" snowflake center of the stocking.  Then it was just a matter of layering on a slightly larger piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and finally onto a Whisper White cardstock base.  Even my demonstrator friends have been admiring this card so I was very pleased to come up with a winner all by myself!  I might even make up a few of these to take along for swapping at the Stampin' Up! Regional event coming up later this month in Louisville...would YOU swap with me?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh my this is so pretty! Love that glimmer paper!

Hit Counter