What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whoooo wishes you a Happy Halloween?

Well, it's still the first week of October but you just KNOW that Halloween will be here before we know it...did you buy your Trick or Treat candy yet?  Or are you like me and need to wait umtil the bitter end so you can be sure there will still be some treats to pass out?

At least I'm not waiting too long to make Halloween type cards.  This was one of the cards we did at my Simply Stampin' 3-4-$5 meetup.com class back in September.  I try to keep the cards really simple (quite often single layers) and very easy to duplicate.  So, I am ALWAYS on the look out for "clean and simple" cards to share with my stampers.  This  card was inspired by a great card I found here  at Dawn Olchefske's blog in either late August or early September.  I am a huge fan of Dawn's because of her stamping style and her sense of humor...be sure to stop by her blog to see the original and leave her a little comment to say hi!

Anyway, this cute little guy is part of a hostess set in the current Holiday Mini called Warmest Holiday Wishes....there is a little something for every fall/winter holiday in there and I particularly loved this cute little owl.  Nothing could be easier to stamp....and being perched on a spider webbed card base makes him look like a real trick or treater, right?  Not only did we do this card at the meetup class, we also did a stack of them for my church's card ministry group....each month we sent a greeting card to our college students and this one was perfect!

The spider web effect was easily created by running a Peach Parfait cardstock base through the Big Shot with the Sizzix spider web embossing folder.  For someone who does not "get into Halloween", I have been getting very good use out of that spider web folder!  The Peach Parfait polytwill ribbon tied around the bottom of the owl layer gives a nice touch but in the photo, it is partially obscuring the "Happy Halloween" greeting (from Teeny Tiny Wishes).  The owl was stamped on a scrap of white cardstock then punched out with the Two Step Owl Build-a-Punch and layered onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals....I colored in his little trick or treater's mask with a Peach Parfait marker and that was all it took.

Hope you like the card...next session of my Simply Stampin' 3-4-$5 meetup. com classes will be coming up soon.  First session at The Speedy Scrapper's, a great little scrapbook store in Highland, IL on Tuesday, Oct 18th at 1 PM and again at the O'Fallon, IL library on Thursday, October 20th  at 1 PM.  If you would like to attend, just drop me a note at inkerzaway@aol.com or join my Inkerzaway Stampin' and Scrappin'  meetup group at www.meetup.com, Membership in the group is free and members are automatically notified of upcoming classes.  I would love to see you there at any of the October classes!   Just a little hint, we will be doing something "seasonal"!

No comments:

Hit Counter