What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

You've Got This!

All images © Stampin' Up!      

Stamped by Jan Hoyt

August Stamp Club....ready to go!  I came up with several ideas for my online stamp club this month....this card was one of the "alternate samples" I came up with as I was deciding on our final project.  I ended up including this in the "other ideas" section so it wasn't the card I sent out however I loved the idea and wanted to share it here on my blog.

This was actually a pretty easy card to make....I used the "cross hatch" style image from this set to create a multi-colored  background.  First thing to do is ink up the entire image with Daffodil, then get the Old Olive pad and tap it over about 1/3rd of the image on one side then do the same thing with Pumpkin Pie inkpad on the opposite side.  This leaves the yellow in the middle and gives you orange on one side and olive on the other side.  Very easy since you don't have to be exact with the process.  It will look something like this after you're done.    


Once you have the tricolored background, stamp it on Whisper White cardstock then use Tuxedo Black  ink to stamp the flower vertically on the cardstock (stamp the image lengthwise with the bloom portion over the orange/yellow segments and the stem/leaves over the yellow/green) .   Use your AquaPainter or blender pens to add color in the flower to match the colors underneath (orange/yellow for the bloom and green for the leaves and stem), then layer it on a slightly larger piece of Basic Black c/s.  Putting the black background behind it really makes the color "pop"!

The Pumpkin Pie card base was run through Delicate Dots embossing folder to add texture before adhering the floral panel.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach it to give it a little more depth and to make sure it would stick well on the textured cardstock.  For a final touch, I added a little bit of black twine wrapped around the bottom as an embellishment as shown (or you could leave it "nekked"....looks great either way!)

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this card sample.  My club ladies get two projects each month including a photo tutorial AND they get to take a turn as hostess.   If you are interested in more info about my online stamp club, please contact me at inkerzaway@aol.com, sign ups end on Sept. 15th.  Here are the items you need to make this card and all you have to do is click on the link shown and it will take you straight to my Stampin' Up! store so you can buy it and have it shipped directly to you.  How great is that?

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Hit Counter