What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Balloon Bash "Freestanding" Birthday Card

I saw a great new to me "card fold" on my friend Connie's blog Inkspired Impressions and wanted to use it for my Online Stamp Club May club project BUT I opted to change things up and use a birthday themed set from the Occasions mini which carried over into the new annual Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue and is still available to order.     Click here to see my inspiration from  Connie Babbert
    


      Using 8.5x11" cardstock I put it into my Simply Score Board  with the 11 " side butted up against the top ruler (why cut it in half if you can score 2 cards as easily as you can score one, right?) and scored it as Connie recommended at 2.5",  4",  7" and 8.5" then I cut it in half at 4.25" to make two panels.  Fold on the score lines with "Valley" folds on the outside score lines and "mountain" folds on the inside score lines.  This will allow the card to fold down small enough to fit in the envelope and "pop out" to be a freestanding card once removed from the envy.                             
Cut the decorative paper panels at 2 1/4" x4" so they will fit nicely on the outside panels and show the contrasting cardstock.  This photo (above) is how it looks when it's slightly stretched out to allow it to be displayed on a desk or table.  This version shows the taller sentiment used in a vertical presentation, I cut it out with the Labels Collection framelits.                                                                                                                                                                    



Here is the same card but instead of the "I made this just for you" image, I used the "celebrate real nice" image.  Because it's wider and shorter I cut it out with the same Labels Framelit and mounted it on the card in a horizontal presentation.This picture is done exactly like the card in the first photo, it just shows  how the card looks while it's still sort of squished up right after it comes out of the envelope.




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Hit Counter