What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Regarding Dahlias ...adios, amigo on 6-2-15





I am almost embarrassed to admit that I have had this stamp set for well over a year and just now mounted and used it....I know I'm not alone, has that ever happened to you?  BUT the good news is that I finally pulled it out and inked it up to use one of my May 2015 Online stamp club projects.

Are you inspired by other cards with similar images?  Yep?  Me, too!  I have a beautiful swap card received from an SU demonstrator friend Lydia Fielder (check her out at understandblue.com if you want to be wow'ed!) and that swap card inspired me to "CASE" (demo talk for copy and slightly edit) Lydia's layout using this beautiful Regarding Dahlia stamp set and coordinating sentiments.

I used a half sheet of Coastal Cabana card5.5.5"x8.5" scored at 4.25 and folded for the card base.  I stamped the flower image on a scrap of Coastal Cabana using Tuxedo Black Memento ink, colored in the image with Costal Cabana marker (or you could use a refill and AquaPainter) then trimmed it out close to the ink margins.

A narrow strip of Back to Black Designer Series paper 2" x 5.5")  layered on a slightly larger strip of Basic Black cardstock (2.25x5.5)  lends a nice contrast underneath the flower, rhe DSP strip was attached directly to the card with the beautiful Dahlia bloom popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals to give it a bit of depth.

One of the sentiments from the Dahlia stamp set stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and a bit rhinestone bling for the flower finished off the front of this card....for a little extra touch I put a layer of white cardstock inside stamped with a portion of the Dahlia leaving me enough room for a short message.


I hope you have enjoyed my simple card.....if you decide you "need" this Dahlia stamp set before it retires on June 2nd, you can click on the links below and grab any of the items needed to make it from my online store.  If you don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love to help you with your stamping needs. 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Hit Counter