What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Chocolate & Chevrons....what could be better?


 This has to be one of my very favorite CAS (Clean and Simple) cards...so easy to do and I love the bright red of the chevron pattern!  This card was made using Lovely Amazing You which is a fairly new (released in January 2015) photopolymer (PPM for short) stamp set with some absolutely GREAT sayings!  I ordered it on the first day it was available and of course, the "love you more than chocolate" saying is my favorite.

I am very sad to say that the Positively Chevron background stamp set will be retiring as of June 2, 2015 but I can assure you that it will stay in my collection for years to come!  I'm hoping they will come out with some new "must have" background stamps but nothing will ever replace this great stamp!  Yes, it is definitely one of my favorites and I have quite a few retired b/g stamps!

Anyway, anyone who knows my stamping style knows that quick and easy is right up my alley...this card definitely fits the bill for CAS.  The trick for this one to cutting a little "circle" thru the top of the card which leaves a peek-a-boo window into the card for the sentiment....this way you can see the sentiment before and after you open the card!

Here's how I did it.....
1) cut out a 2.5 inch "starburst" shape using the Big Shot and Starburst Framelits with Early Espresso cardstock.
2) stamp the Chevron pattern onto the card front with Red Real ink onto a 1/2 sheet of folded white cardstock....don't stamp the inside sentiment yet!
3) adhere the starburst shape onto the cardfront in the top right corner making sure to get plenty of adhesive around the outer edge of the starburst shape....this is important to make sure the diecut remains attached.
4. Take the Circle framelits and find the size which will cut out the inside of the circle (the 2" circle should do it but be sure to measure twice and cut once....as my grandmother used to say!) ...this is where you need to pay attention.  Unfold the card so that the chevron pattern and brown starburst are facing up but the card is opened.  Position the unfolded card on the Big Shot Magnetic Plate cutting platform so it will slide thru the machine easily and place the slightly smaller circle framelit on top of the starburst shaped cardstock...it's important to do this AFTER you adhere it to the cardstock.
5. Once you run the cardstock thru the Big Shot, the circle cutout  piece will be easily removed leaving only the rim of the brown starburst cardstock.  You should be able to see the back side of the white cardstock thru the hole.



6. NOW ink up your sentiment in Early Espresso and stamp it right thru the round hole in the starburst, then stamp the tiny heart image from Lovely Amazing You next to the sentiment and you are all done!
7.  Of course, you can still write a personal sentiment inside the card, just make sure to start below the cut out so your message doesn't show from the front of the card. 

8 and in case you didn't already figure this out...I have REALLY enjoyed making these fast and easy "Peek-a-boo" Chevron cards!  See what I mean?




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



No comments:

Hit Counter