What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

....MORE scallops???

I'm on a roll with scallops lately.....I bought this sweet framelit that cuts them out so easily and can't resist trying it on all sorts of different decorative paper, can you blame me?

A few days ago I shared a sample which used this same black framelit "skeleton" over colored cardstock then I added some little scallop bits which I had cut out of the Sweet Taffy designer series paper click here to see that card

Today I decided to use up some of the extra "frames" I cut out with black cardstock while working on the other project but I was feeling pretty lazy so I just tacked the black frame onto a piece of bright Daffodil Delight polka dots from the Brights Color Collection of Designer Series Paper (DSP).  Yellow in not usually one of my go to color choices but in this case I love the contrast of the black with bright yellow! 

I finished out the card with my favorite sentiment from the "Lovely, Amazing You" stamp set onto Daffodil Delight cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink to make it really "pop" then layered it on a black scallop popped up with dimensionals.  Since this card was already pretty busy with the polka dots and the black/yellow color scheme, I just layered it on a plain piece of Whisper White cardstock.  This is actually a very quick card ...would be so easy to cut out some extra scallop frames to save and put together quickly when you need a card short notice.  Or go ahead and put the whole thing together except for the sentiment for when you need a card fast and have no time to create one.  Who wouldn't love to open  their mailbox and find this cheery card?

Thanks for checking out my blog today....I hope you enjoyed your visit and I'd love to hear what you think if you have time to leave a comment below.

 Here's everything you need to make this card....you can just click on the item and put it straight into your shopping cart if you decide you'd like to order any of these supplies.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Hit Counter