What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, May 16, 2015

My Paper Pumpkin Stamps meet Positively Chevron!

 The other day, I shared some samples made with the Positively Chevron background stamp and the Lovely Amazing You stamp set.....well, guess what I found stashed in my Picasa files!  Apparently I am obsessed with this peek-a-boo style Clean and Simple card!

Here (on the left) is the chevron version made with the sentiment inside the peek-a-boo window is the "thank you" sentiment from the April My Paper Pumpkin (MPP) kit.  I try to challenge myself each month to make another card using the stamp images from the MPP that is different from the samples shown in the kit.




This was a card I sent out to my customers who are ordering the Paper Pumpkin regularly...even though I think I might have switched the colors on those cards so the chevron was red and the sentiment was black.  Maybe....it's been a month and to be honest I can't really remember! 

Here is another version.....this one using a different
stamp set for the background.  This is the Boutique
Borders stamp set (there are multiple images in that set..
.but apparently this one was my favorite ?) and it
consists of 3 different "line image" stamps...each a little bit different but all very cute!  AND because they are
photopolymer they are clear through and through which makes it easy to get them lined up for repeat patterns. 

Looking at this photo in retrospect, I think it would look BETTER if I had used the Starburst framelits to make a little border for the punched out hole but apparently I  hadn't thought of that idea yet when I snapped a photo of this card.  However, I still like the contrast of the red and black and I also liked the pattern.  It didn't line it up quite perfect but it was close enough that it's not too obious so I figured I would go ahead and share it with you.  Did I mention that I am not a SAMJ person?  (that stands for Stamp-a-Ma-Jig...or stamp positioner).  Yea, I have one  sure...but do I use it?  Well, that's something else altogether!  Actually I do use it sometimes but very infrequently.

This stamp set is being retired at the end of the current catalogue year so it's only available through June 1st so if you want to get a brand spanking new set be sure to place your order before the end of the catalogue year.  All you have to do is click on the scrolling list of items used showing below and it will deposit that item in your shopping cart for purchase,,.how easy is that???

Because the thank you sentiment is from the My Paper Pumpkin (a monthly subscription kit) there is no catalog picture of it but I will try to see if I can find an item number for it...I believe this image was in the April kit.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Hit Counter