What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Thanks a Latte MPP alternate idea...better late than never

June 2015 My Paper Pumpkin project

Well, it took me a while to make this card but I finally got a stack of them made and mailed out to all of the My Paper Pumpkin subscribers who got this kit IN JUNE...yes... that's right, this photo was taken last summer and uploaded to my blog but I never got the post done.  In case you aren't familiar with a Paper Pumpkin, it's a monthly surprise kit which comes in the mail...you get everything needed to make the project included in the kit except the adhesive.  What a cool deal, right?  They bill it as a monthly creative escape and it keeps getting better and better  every time. 

A little embarrasing that I just now found it (hey, it's only January of 2016 so that's only six months, right?) but it was a card I loved and I think my very favorite Paper Pumpkin stamp set that I have seen so far so I figured that I should go ahead and share it with you.  When I get the monthly kits, I like to make an alternate card (other than the directions which come with the kit) and send those out to the folks who subscribe to The Paper Pumpkin.

I love to read and I love to find a way to share things which will remind my friends of me so when I started thinking of what I could do for my "alternate project" I decided it would be nice to send them a card with a double whammy....both a card and a bookmark which they could use in a favorite book and be reminded of me.  So, the bookmark is detachable....this allows the receiver to remove the bookmark easily without tearing it and I used the now retired Stampin' Up! "slit punch" to make the "holder tabs" for the bookmark.

For this project, I used the stamp set which came with the July Paper Pumpkin (I believe it was called Thanks a Latte) and added some now retired Tempting Turquoise polka dot decorative paper.  I stamped directly on it and then cut it out (sort of "paper piecing") then stamped the "steam" image  above the cup and the sentiment below the cup, attached the cup in the middle with adhesive.  Pretty simple!  I used a 2" wide strip of Crumb Cake cardstock and the Scallop tag punch for the cute top then just cut a snipped wedge out of the bottom. I used some retired striped ribbon to thread thru the top of the tag and a little piece of twine to tie it off  I loved the way this worked out and it took me a while to get a dozen of these cards made but I really liked them and I hope the recipients enjoyed them too.   

The orange background is Tangerine Tango which I ran thru the Hearts embossing folder , before attaching to the cardstock I used a small heart punch to punch a tiny heart out of the folder, then attached the punchie to the front of the cup.  The whole card is layered on a folded white card for a nice clean look,  '

If you decide to make some of these cards, I hope you'll enjoy them but I strongly recommend these cards be hand delivered if possible since that big knot definitely demands extra postage at the USPS.  Should you happen to be one of the recipients of this card  or just want to share your opinion, I invite you to leave a comment below.

  And just fyi, the twine I used is now retired so I substituted the metallic gold twine in the supply list to give you another option which is still available.  The ink used for the "steam curls" is Early Espresso classic ink which I forgot to include in the photo showcase below.


No comments:

Hit Counter