What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Birthday Blooms Stamp Club Card Share

Birthday Blooms Club Card

Hey, let's see if I can remember how to do this blogging thing!  I know, I know...it's been months but I haven't given up my quest to learn how to use technology to share my love for stamping.

So, here is one of the cards I did for a recent club project for some of my very favorite stampers!  This was not a complicated card, but I did think it was very cute and while not terribly original, I did not "CASE" (Copy and slightly edit) this card which was fun for me and probably a surprise for my club friends!

I have included the supply list for this card at the bottom of the post along with the paper measurements, unfortunately right now I can't get the MyStampin'Blog link working to allow you to click on the item and go directly to my Stampin' Up! Online store, but  you can write down the item number then  and go to my Stampin' UP! website (http://www.janhoytstampinup.net)  to place an order if you are so inclined.


For this card, I simply stamped the Birthday Blooms large floral image onto the white cardstock layer with Archival Black ink and colored it in with Blackberry Bliss ink for the bloom and Old Olive for the leaves.  I used an AquaPainter so I could easily go back and add darker highlights and accents to the image.  The little "heart border" and the little "scribble dots" were both stamped in Blackberry Bliss.   I just thought the heart border gave it a little extra touch that I liked and the random dot images filled in the empty space.  The "for you" sentiment was stamped in Silver Encore metallic ink to coordinate with the Silver Metallic foil layer in between the white cardstock and the Blackberry Bliss Base.  It seems a little shiny in the picture because of the camera flash but it blends in nicely with the silver sentiment.  I didn't heat emboss the sentiment with silver embossing powder but that would have been a very pretty touch.

After finishing the stamping on the 3.75" x5" Whisper White layer, I adhered the stamped layer to the Silver metallic foil cardstock (4"x5.5" in size and then attached it to a folded cardstock base of Blackberry Bliss. (5.5"x 8.5"", scored at 4.25" ) I LOVE the Blackberry Bliss...we used it to make wedding invitations for my youngest son's wedding so I had stocked up on cardstock in that colors and we plenty of leftovers.   

Here is what the inside portion of the card looked like, it included another stamped sentiment from the same set (it says Happiest Birthday Wishes) and I stamped the single floral bloom at the bottom left corner and watercolored with the same colors as the floral image on the front. of the card.



Supply List: & measurements

Birthday Blooms #140655 wood (140658 clear mount)
Blackberry Bliss classic ink # 133642 BB classic RF #)133648
Blackberry Bliss cardstock #133675 (8.5”x 5.55”, score at 4.25)
Metallic Silver Foil Sheets # 132178 (4”x5.25”)
Whisper White 100730 front cover 3.75”x5”, inside layer whisper white 4”x5.5”
AquaPainters #103954 Tuxedo Black ink #132708
(I used silver Encore Silver metallic ink but WHAT?? no more silver ink….use Versamark and silver emboss powder if necessary)

No comments:

Hit Counter