What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

..and a little stamping to brighten my IRS filing day!


While avoiding a trip to the Post Office to mail our taxes, I went downstairs to "tidy up" for stamp club (we meet this evening) and in the process I couldn't resist trying a little stamping to improve my mood (IRS related, of course)

So, here is what I came up with....I wanted to use the "grid technique" (where you score c/s in a regular pattern and then stamp over top of it) and thought this great sailboat image from "Winds of Grace" on page 102 of the 2008 Spring/Summer edition would work rather nicely for a Father's Day card.
It's so hard for me to come up with a nice "masculine" card since I tend to lean toward the floral images more often than not. I admit the Happy Father's Day image from All Holidays would have looked a little better if only I had stamped it straight but I'll work on that later! In the meantime, please let me know what you think of the card...my "Navy days" seem to be showing as so many of my stamp choices reflect a nautical theme!

No comments:

Hit Counter