What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, April 7, 2008

Mother's Day will be here soon.....


So, here is the "simple version" of a Mother's Day card I made for my own sweet Mom back in Ohio....hers actually says "Happy Mother's Day" on the front and is layered on Lovely Lilac nad Always Artichoke to dress it up a bit but I am having trouble finding that image on my saved files right now. I just hope that I don't forget to get the actual card in the mail on time, it would be terrible to have to e-mail her a picture of her card instead of opening it in the mail. My stamping friends "get it" but I don't think my family would.

I used the beautiful Blossoms Abound set by Stampin' UP! (of course!) and I have to say that it is certainly one of my very favorite sets ever. I have always loved lilacs and these blooms can be used for several different types of flowers but when I see this set, I see lilacs! Back in late March, when I did an all day stamping demonstration at the Arts and Crafts Center at Scott Air Force Base, I stamped up a HUGE pile of these cards done on a single layer of white cardstock and I am always amazed at how pretty a single layer card can be, especially when I am always so tempted to add layer upon layer of cardstock. Sometimes simple really is better!

Anyway, these are just a sample of what I have been working on lately....I'm thankful just to have the time to be stamping! Jan

No comments:

Hit Counter