What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Friday, August 8, 2008

The new catalogues are here!!!!


Today I had my last Retirement "Stamp a Stack" using some of my favorite retiring stamp sets. I fell in love with some of these sets all over again as we stamped with them over the past few SAS parties and I will miss them but it was fun to pull them out for one last fling. If you are wondering when I am ever going to show another photo of actual stamping, then you can relax....I do have a picture of the SAS cards so here it is!
In case you can't quite make them out in this photo, we used Artfully Asian (front row), Snowfall with a Versamark resist on the left in the second row and Wild Rose on the right in the second row. Back row (and harder to see) on the left is For a Friend which is a Level 1 HS this year, Blossoms Abound in the middle and the butterfly card on the far right is Level 3 HS this year. I have to wonder why I don't use these beautiful sets more often, especially once I see that they are being retired and going away. However, I will definitely be keeping several of these sets for my personal collection... Blossoms Abound has been my favorite set since it came out several years ago because lilacs are my favorite flower and to me, this set looks like a lilac. I will continue to love and use this set for years to come, no doubt about it. But I had to take a new look at some of the other sets....I think that Artfully Asian will soon be showing up at our Card Ministry at New Creation Presbyterian Church in O'Fallon since it makes such beautiful thinking of you and symjpathy cards as well as great birthday cqrds.
Whoo Hooo.....stampers of O'Fallon, IL take heart! Mr. Brown finally showed up with my new catalogues today. I was afraid to take a picture since I think I kinda freaked him out last time I popped out with a camera and took his picture with my catalogue preorder but I was still really happy to see him pulling away in the big brown truck.
For those of you in the immediate area who aren't on my mailing list, I have been planning a new catty Open House which I had to reschedule from today to Sept 15th so I could be sure I would have the catty so it's a relief to know that I finally have them. Whew!
In the meantime, I have a lot to share since my last post. Back in late July I was scrambling big time to get all of my convention swaps finished up and packed to take to Salt Lake City for the 20 yr Celebrate '08 Stampin' UP! convention. I am happy to report that convention was awesome (as we all knew it would be!) and, with a LOT of help from my friends, I was able to finish up all of my convention swaps. In exchange for them, I brought home quite a nice variety of swapped cards and projects to share with you.

I will be poised at the computer on Monday afternoon when the new catalogue goes live and I can order some of my favorite goodies from the new catty, I srongly suspect that I will cave to temptation and use expedited shipping so I will be able to get those goodies in time to share them with all of you at my Open House. If you are in the area and would like to attend, be sure to drop me a note to get directions. It's going to be fun! Jan



No comments:

Hit Counter