What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, July 6, 2009

Did you guys see this????

Yes, it's for real! The SU Sizzix "Doctor's Bag" is on sale this week and this week only for 30% off! That's a better deal than I got ordering it with my demo discount AND a convention discount last year. If you have been eyeing this bag...complete with pink inside lining and on the outside a black checkerboard pattern with SU logo patch, now is the time! It's available to order via online ordering at my SU store...just click on the Summer Fun special picture on the left side of my blog and that will take you right there! The sale ends at the end of the week so don't miss out on such a deal.

In the meantime, I am sooo looking forward to heading back home to IL this week. I am very thankful that I was able to come and be with my parents while Mom had a knee replacement but I am also looking forward to getting home to see my very patient and nice husband who hasn't complained at all about me going gone and yes, even our dogs. My youngest is home from school for the summer but between working and visiting his GF, I don't see too much of him these days! But I do miss him also!

Am hopeful that I will be able to stop on my way home and have lunch with 3 of my BFF's from high school (yes, I know that it seems very odd to hear 53 year old women talking about BFF's but hey, it is what it is!) along the way and then maybe even get to have dinner with my middlest son who is currently on an Army assignment at Fort Knox, KY before heading home to the STL metro east area. Yes, it will be a night filled with caffeine if I stretch the trip out that long but I need to be home on Thursday night...even though it will be a late one!

Since I haven't been able to access my laptop via wireless during my "summer vacation" here in southeast Ohio, I can't send any photos so I have been laying low on my blog....well, that and because we've been running back and forth between home and visiting Mom in the hospital and in the ortho rehab unit after that. So, not much to post about...however the Special Deal of the week from SU did bring me out of my shell! lol!

In the meantime, I just got my FIRST new catalogue order today!!! Yea, it was waiting on the front porch for me when we finally got home from rehab with Mom today. The nurse at the hospital told us yesterday that she would be discharged "between 2 and 4 PM" so I was thankful to be aware not to show up right after breakfast expecting to get going BUT I really didn't think that it would be almost 6 PM before the final discharge orders were written and she was officially sprung. Yes, I am a nurse and yes, I have worked in hospitals before so I know how it goes but I worked in Navy hospitals where the docs made rounds in the morning, not in the late afternoon. Oh well....we did finally get out of there and not only was she glad to be home but I thought the poor dog was going to have a stroke trying to get thru the door to greet her. We had to hang onto him until she got in and sitting down or he would have knocked her over walker and all! lol! Regarding the SU box, I had left a note for the UPS guy that I was expecting a delivery and gave my name (since it's my married name in the SU profile and not my maiden name) because I was afraid he might think, "what? there's nobody at this house by THAT name" and not deliver the box. Thankfully, Mr. Brown managed to find me anyway...whoo hooo! My new toys have arrived. There wasn't time to play with them this evening until I got Mom settled in and ready for bed at which point I got sucked into checking e-mail and now...well, here I am blogging. But the package did arrive and I opened the box and pawed thru some of the stuff really fast and trust me, it's all good!!! Tomorrow, I hope to have a chance to use the new stuff I ordered to complete some convention swaps in progress which have been waiting for just the right designer paper and ribbon! Yes, I am hopeless!

For those of you who are eagerly awaiting my Hostess and Customer Appreciation/ New Catty Preview/Annual Used Stamp Sale I am HOPING that I can reschedule it from my originally planned date of July 11th (scheduled before I knew that I would be in Ohio for almost a month) and would like to reschedule it for either the 3rd or 4th week-end in July. I will definitely let you know all the details as soon as I can finalize them. Right now, the idea is to celebrate "Christmas in July" with some fun projects and I hope that you will be able to join me.

If you are still reading, thanks for your patience....can you imagine how long this blog entry would have been if I'd had pictures??? Jan

No comments:

Hit Counter