What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Thursday, November 5, 2009

aah, the roar of the ocean and the sand between my toes!


All right, so it's hard to avoid the sand between the toes even when wearing shoes and socks, but it is kind of nice to walk the beach on a sunny day....especially in November!
Yes, my dear husband and I skipped out of town recently for a little vacation... we had a timeshare that we needed to use before the deposit expired at the end of this year and what better place to use it than the beach? In lovely North Myrtle Beach, SC, of course!

Here is a picture that Mike (my patient, tolerant and most of the time pretty darn wonderful husband) took of me standing with the water at my back while we walked the beach the other day. You didn't really think I was going to be seen in public in "swimwear", did you? lol! And one picture that I took for him....we had to bring home something to remind us of our trip, didn't we?








He played golf in the mornings while I putz'ed around the condo stamping and keeping up with some outstanding Stampin' UP! business...by the time he was done in the early afternoon we'd get together for a very late lunch and then just relax and do whatever we wantedor the rest of the day. No cooking (unless I wanted to...ha, ha, ha!!!) and we were both happy pursuing our respective favorite hobbies by day then hanging out together in the afternoon and evening. Wow, does it get any better than this?








Of course we missed the dogs but they were having fun with my friend Amanda who was dogsitting and the kids were busy with work and school so we had to tough it out enjoying the week by ourselves. However, I'm sort of wishing I could find a couple of stamping friends whose spouses like to golf...what a fun vacation that would be!

In the meantime, I actually worked a little and played a little while at the beach. He brought a big golf bag and I brought two somewhat more manageable bags full of stamping stuff...and yes, I brought my Big Shot! Crazy, I know but what can I say? I'm addicted to the BS and can't seem stamp without it! So, in addition to stamping, I also cut cardstock to get ready for my upcoming "It's Never Too Late!" holiday card class coming up next week on Tuesday afternoon, Nov 10th and Saturday afternoon, Nov 14th. There are still some slots left in each class if you would like to join me...just let me know by Sunday, the 8th! $15 for 8 cards plus a bonus "early bird" registration card! Jan

No comments:

Hit Counter