What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Friday, November 13, 2009

Stamp Club time again already!


Gosh, it seems like just last week we were making our October stamp club projects but here it is mid-November and time for us to gather again for more stamping!
So, here is a "sneak peek" of the projects we'll be making this month. I have to confess that I have fallen in love with this charming little reindeer, "Dasher", who has become the sweetheart of the current Stampin' UP! catalogue. And at $9.95 for a single stamp, he is quite a bargain but looks spectacular all by his lonesome or in combination with other wintery images. Anyway, here he is dressed up in gold for the holidays! AND in his own special little "frame". I used the Petals a Plenty embossing folder and a very popular new technique which creates a "frame" with a Sizzix embossing folder while leaving the center smooth and ready for stamping. There are several ways to do this, I will be featuring one of them at my stamp club and downline meetings this month. If you are interested in seeing a video tutorial, Dawn Griffith has a great one on her blog Click here to see how Dawn does it (http://www.dawn'sstampingstudio.com ), OR if you are local, give me a call or drop me a note and I would be happy to invite you to join us for stamp club this month to see how it's done and take home a card sample of Dasher for your very own! We meet on Sunday, Nov 15th at 2 PM or Tuesday, Nov 17th 1 to 4 or 7 to 9PM.
Thanks for stopping in, please feel free to leave me a comment telling me what you think. I got the card layout idea from a cute card done by my 4th level upline Sharon Skelton.
I'll show a close up version of the Dasher card later this week, the other project we'll be doing (also shown in the photo) uses the Fancy Favor Big Shot diecut and an image from Delightful Decorations (from the Holiday Mini) to wrap up a bag of those delicious soft peppermints that just melt in your mouth. Of course, I think the red polka dot ribbon for the bow is equally yummy! Jan

No comments:

Hit Counter